If you do not accept these terms, then you may not download or use WEBTOON TRANSLATE Website or Digital Content. In addition, when using WEBTOON TRANSLATE Website and/or Digital Content, you shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such service, features or offers that may be posted from time to time. All such guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference into this Agreement.
For the purposes of this Agreement:
"Contributor" means the users who translate the Digital Content into certain languages.
"Digital Content" means digitized comic books, including single issues and trade publications and other digital content provided by the Company through the Service.
"General Users" means the users who are allowed to read the User Translation, leave the comments, and share the User Translation through social network services.
"WEBTOON TRANSLATE Website" means translate.webtoons.com.
"Official Version" means official translation of the script of the Digital Content provided by the Company through the Service.
"Service" means the service of Digital Content and User Translation of Digital Content provided by the Company and its affiliates and subsidiaries through WEBTOON TRANSLATE Website.
"Team Manager" means the user who is selected and authorized by the Company to organize a translation team (“Team”), invite Contributors to its team, and manage the team to create Team Version.
"Team Member" means the Contributor who is invited to join the Team organized by Team Manager.
"Team Profile" means the profile page of the Team, which is created upon organizing the Team.
"Team Version" means the User Translation created collectively by the Team.
"Unofficial Version" means the User Translation created by the Contributor or created collectively by the Team, which includes Wiki Version and Team Version.
"User Translation" means translated text of the script of the Digital Content created by the Contributor or the Team using certain translation tools of our Service, which is automatically saved in the service operator’s server, posted on the Service and provided to other users. User Translation refers to Unofficial Version including Wiki Version and Team Version.
"Wiki Version" means the User Translation created by the Contributor.
2. Use of Service
3. Digital Content and Limited License Term
A. Digital Content. You understand and agree that WEBTOON TRANSLATE Website and WEBTOON TRANSLATE tools are owned by the Company and Intellectual Property Rights in or to Digital Contents are and will remain the exclusive property of copyright owners and are protected by the copyright laws of the Republic of Korea, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties.
B. Use of Digital Content. Upon your download or use of Digital Content, WEBTOON TRANSLATE tools and WEBTOON TRANSLATE Website, the Company grants you a limited, non-exclusive and non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to access, view, download, use, transmit and translate such Digital Content, solely for the use of the Service and the provision of the User Translation on the Service, subject to the terms of this Agreement. Under such license, you are granted to create User Translation which will be used only in relation to the Service, and prohibited from using, displaying, publishing, or transmitting User Translation for other services.
The license does not confer on you any ownership interest in such Digital Content. Digital Content is licensed to you by the Company; not sold, transferred or assigned to you. The Company may post additional terms for Digital Content in WEBTOON Translate website. Those terms will also apply, but in the event of a conflict between those terms and the terms of this Agreement, this Agreement will govern.
C. Limitations. Unless otherwise stated in writing by the Company, you must not copy, redistribute, sell, rent, lease, convey, reconvey or sublicense the Digital Content. You must not attempt to circumvent, avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair or otherwise defeat any encryption, rights signaling or copy protection technology in which the Digital Content is wrapped or otherwise associated with. You must not duplicate or otherwise reproduce (including but not limited to “burning”) the Digital Content, or any portion thereof, onto any physical medium, memory or device (other than within your personal device that is allowed for download of Digital Content for thirty day period), including but not limited to CDs, DVDs, computers or other hardware, or any other medium now known or hereafter devised.
4. WEBTOON TRANSLATE Website
A. Use of WEBTOON TRANSLATE Website. You may not separate any individual component of such software for use on another device or computer, may not transfer it for use on another device or computer or use it, or any portion of it, over a network, and may not sell, rent, lease, lend, distribute, or sublicense or otherwise assign any rights to such software in whole or in part.
B. Updates. In order to keep your WEBTOON TRANSLATE Website up-to-date, the Company may make available updates/upgrades to the Website. If you do not download such updates/upgrades, you may not receive certain features and/or functionality and/or you may lose certain features and/or functionality of the Website.
No Reverse Engineering, Decompilation, Disassembly, or Circumvention. You may not modify, reverse engineer, decompile, reproduce, copy, disassemble WEBTOON TRANSLATE Website or otherwise reduce the computer file in which the Digital Content is stored to a human-readable form, whether in whole or in part, or bypass, modify, defeat, or tamper with or circumvent any of the functions or protections of WEBTOON TRANSLATE Website; e.g., by modifying, defeating, augmenting or substituting any digital rights management functionality.
A. Users’ Age Limit. You must be at least fourteen (14) years old to use the Service. The use of the Service by anyone under the age of fourteen (14) years old is unauthorized and unlicensed.
The use of any of our Service by the minor (as defined in the law of your own country) is subject to the consent of their parent or legal representative. (“Representative(s)”). Representatives who wish to give the consent to their represented minor’s use of our Service should send the email to [firstname.lastname@example.org].
The Company does not intentionally nor unintentionally collect information from children or the minor in cases where Representatives have not consented to the use of the Company’s Service by the minor. However if a Representative identifies that a minor has provided the Company with personal information without the correspondent Representative’s permission, Representative should contact the Company at email@example.com. Upon Representative’s request, the Company will delete any personal information of such minor without any further recourse from the Representative. The Representative will fully indemnify and release the Company from any liabilities, damages, claims or any other legal actions in respect of the provision of the personal information of such minor to the Company.
B. Compliance with Law and Reservation of Rights. You must use WEBTOON TRANSLATE Website and Digital Content in compliance with all applicable laws. All licenses are non-exclusive and all rights not expressly granted in this Agreement are reserved to the Company.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 14. Any parent or guardian who believes that a child may have provided personal information to us should contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org]. In such case, we will immediately take necessary actions to delete the personal information of children under 14.
7. Intellectual Property and Other Rights
WEBTOON TRANSLATE Website and Digital Content are owned and operated by the Company and its licensors. Digital Content, software, visual interfaces, interactive elements, features, information, graphics, design, compilation, computer code, products, look and feel, and all other elements of the Service, are protected by the laws of the Republic of Korea relating to the protection of intellectual property and proprietary rights, including copyright, patent, trade dress, and trademark laws, as well as laws relating to data protection and security. All Digital Content and the Service, including intellectual property rights herein and thereto, are the property of the Company or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies and/or third-party licensors. You may not reproduce, distribute, rent, lease, sell, license, copy, modify, publicly perform or display, transfer, transmit, publish, edit, adapt, prepare derivative works based on, or otherwise use Digital Content except as expressly authorized by this Agreement. The Company reserves all rights not expressly granted in this Agreement.
8. User Translation
A. You retain all of your ownership rights in your User Translation. The Contributor who creates User Translation alone is the exclusive copyright owner of his or her User Translation. The copyright to Team Version is jointly owned by Team Members who create Team Version together and all of Team Members hereby agree on the License Term and other terms stipulated below. (“Joint Ownership”) Unless you agree on such Joint Ownership of Team Version and the License Term in this Agreement, you must not join and participate in creating Team Version.
For User Translation, you grant to us a worldwide, exclusive , royalty-free, and sub-licensable (through multiple tiers), right, in any media existing now or in the future, to use, copy, reproduce, distribute, electronically transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, edit, modify, adapt, exploit and prepare derivative works (collectively, “Use”) based on your User Translation in connection with the service and business of the Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates or the service of the third party licensed by the Company. You also grant each user of the Service a non-exclusive license to use, copy, and transmit User Translation to social media services and improve your Content through the Service by editing and/or translating your User Translation. (“License Term”)
B. By submitting User Translation, you represent and warrant to us that you own all of the rights to such User Translation and that your User Translation does not and will not (i) infringe the copyright, trademark, publicity/ privacy right or other intellectual property right of any third party; (ii) violate any applicable law or (iii) violate the rights of, or cause physical, financial, or other harm to, any person or entity. You acknowledge that your indemnification obligation as described in Section 13 applies to your User Translation. Your User Translation may be Used with or without the name you use in connection with such postings. You agree that the Company is not responsible for User Translation, whether by you or anyone else.
C. You acknowledge that the content similar or identical to your User Translation (“Similar or Identical Content”) may have been or may in the future be submitted to the Company by other persons, or may have been or may in the future be made public by other persons. You agree that you are not entitled to any compensation from the Company, will not assert any claim against the Company, and the Company will not be liable to you, for any matter relating to such Similar or Identical Content, including the reproduction, sale, distribution, public display, public performance, exploitation of, and the making of derivative works based on such Similar or Identical Content. You acknowledge that it would not be feasible for the Company to offer features involving User Translation without your agreement to the terms of this Section 8.D.
D. You acknowledge that the Company does not pre-screen any User Translation, posted by you or other users but that the Company and its affiliates shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any User Translation. The Company and its affiliates shall have the right to remove any User Translation that violate the Agreement or is otherwise objectionable, as well as terminate your access to the Website. You agree that the Company has no liability or responsibility for the storage or deletion of any User Translation that you submit or post.
9. Copyright Infringement Notification
If you believe the User Translation or comments within the Service violate your copyright or if you are the legal representative to represent the copyright holder, you may send the takedown notice to our registered email address with the following information. These requests should only be submitted by the copyright owner or any agent authorized to act on the owner’s behalf. (We do not provide an offline method of reporting inappropriate content)
- ① The signature of the copyright holder or the copyright holder’s legal representative;
- ② Materials which prove that the person is the copyright holder (or a description of your work that you believe has been infringed);
- ③ Each allegedly infringing specific URL on Webtoon (including Challenge League);
- ④ The contact information of the copyright holder or legal representative (address, phone number, email address);
- ⑤ Include the statements: “I have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law”; and
- ⑥ Include the statement: “The information in this notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, I am the owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed”, and “The contents of the copyright violation report are true, and that the reporter of the violation has received permission from the copyright holder to report the violation on their behalf.”
The Company takes the following measures when we receive a takedown notice as indicated above.
- ① The Company immediately takes down the User Posting at issue;
- ② The Company notifies the user who posted such User Posting; and
- ③ If the Company does not receive a response from such user within 14 days, we continue suspending the display of the User Posting and ultimately delete it.
If the Contributor wishes to terminate the account or delete User Translation, he or she may delete the account information in My Page or delete it in translation page. If the Contributor who failed to delete User Translation before deleting the account information wishes to withdraw User Translation from the Service, the Contributor may request the service operator to delete User Translation from the Service by contacting [email@example.com].
11. Disclaimer of Warranties
USE OF WEBTOON TRANSLATE WEBSITEAND/OR DIGITAL CONTENT, AND SOFTWARE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY THE COMPANY OR AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF THE COMPANY CREATES A WARRANTY, AND WEBTOON TRANSLATE WEBSITE, WEBTOON APP AND/OR DIGITAL CONTENT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND THE COMPANY AND ITS LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, QUIET ENJOYMENT, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS, AND THEIR EQUIVALENTS UNDER THE LAWS OF ANY JURISDICTION . THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT THE SERVICE OR YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, FREE OF VIRUSES, MALICIOUS CODE, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR OTHERWISE SECURE. THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR MOBILE, TABLET, LAPTOP OR DESKTOP DEVICE, COMPUTER SYSTEM, OTHER HARDWARE, OR SOFTWARE, OR FOR ANY LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO DATA THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE.
12. Limitation of Liability
TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, THE COMPANY AND ITS LICENSORS AND AFFILIATES WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY RELATED TO WEBTOON TRANSLATE WEBSITE, WEBTOON APP AND/OR DIGITAL CONTENT, SUCH AS ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, DATA, OR USE OF WEBTOON TRANSLATE WEBSITE, WEBTOON APP AND/OR DIGITAL CONTENT OR ANY ASSOCIATED PRODUCT, EVEN IF THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. USE OF WEBTOON TRANSLATE WEBSITE, AND/OR DIGITAL CONTENT, AND SOFTWARE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. FOR FREE OF CHARGE SERVICE, THE COMPANY AND ITS LICENSORS AND AFFILIATES WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LOSS INCORRED TO YOU. IN ANY CASE, THE COMPANY'S AND ITS AFFILIATES' AGGREGATE LIABILITY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIM RELATING TO PURCHASE OF DIGITAL CONTENT IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU ACTUALLY PAID FOR THAT DIGITAL CONTENT.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Company and its affiliates against any losses, liabilities, claims, causes of action, and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorney’s fees and costs of investigation, whether before or after assertion of a formal claim, and reasonable litigation expenses) arising out of or relating to (i) your use of and access to the Service, (ii) your violation of any term of this Agreement, (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right, or any claim that your User Translation caused damage to a third party, or (v) your violation of any applicable law or regulation.
14. Governing Law; Disputes
The laws of the Republic of Korea, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern this Agreement and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and the Company. You agree that any cause of action that may arise under this Agreement shall be commenced and be heard in the appropriate court in the Republic of Korea. You agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the Republic of Korea.
15. Complete Agreement and Severability
This is the entire agreement between us and you regarding WEBTOON TRANSLATE Website, and/or Digital Content and supersedes all prior understandings regarding such subject matter. If any term or condition of this Agreement is deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining term or condition.
We may amend any of the terms of this Agreement in our sole discretion by posting the revised terms on WEBTOON TRANSLATE Website. Your continued use of WEBTOON TRANSLATE Website, and/or Digital Content after the effective date of any such amendment constitutes your agreement to be bound by such amendment.
17. Contact Information
For help with WEBTOON TRANSLATE Website, and/or Digital Content, please contact Customer Service by email to [firstname.lastname@example.org].
This Agreement is effective from December 2, 2020 (effective immediately for new users).
1. Information We Collect
2. How We Use the Information We Collect
3. Information Sharing
4. Retention of Personal Information
5. Your Choices
6. Your Rights
7. How We Protect Personal Information
8. International Transfer of Information
10. Contact Us
11. Children’s Personal Information
12. For California Consumers
1. Information We Collect
The following personal information is collected in connection with the Services:
Information You Provide Directly
Some Services enable you to give us information directly. For example:
- When you create your own account and login to your account once created, we may need nickname, email address and password.
- When you login to a third party account or to your profile with us, we may ask for information such as nickname, profile picture and email address.
- To provide responses when you contact our Customer Care, we may collect any information you choose to provide, such as your requests or inquiries.
- When you communicate with our Customer Service staff or others, your communications will be transmitted through our systems through your email address.
When you use CANVAS and/or AD REVENUE SHARING PROGRAM, we may need collect the following additional information :
- We may request that your PayPal ID or Patreon ID be linked to the Service.
- If you choose to provide your PayPal account, we may ask for additional information such as your Name (Legal Name/Business Alias), Full name/Business Name, Country, Residency, Address, Postal code, E-mail, Signature and Tax ID (or Social Security Number when applicable) for tax processing purposes.
Information About Your Use of Services
In addition to the information you provide, we will collect information about your
use of our Services through software on your devices and by other means. We will
- Information relating to the organization of contests and/or any promotional operations: date of participation, responses to the contests and nature of the prizes offered;
- Device and Log Information: Device and log information such as device model, OS version, IP address, setting of devices, nation based on IP address, URL and network type; and
- Transaction Data: We only process technical information that does not allow us to identify you (e.g. transaction number) to validate the transactions.
Information collected through 3rd Party Analytics
- Through certain Services, we may collect personal information about your online activities on websites and connected devices over time and across third-party websites, devices, apps and other online features and services. We may use third-party analytics services on the Services, such as Google Analytics. The information we obtain may be disclosed to or collected directly by these providers and other relevant third parties who use the information, for example, to evaluate use of the Services or help administer the Services. To learn more about Google Analytics, please visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect
Provision of Services Based on Your Contractual Relationship With Us
[For Users and Creators]
- Provide a Service or feature you request, such as to respond to your request,
questions and instructions made through Services;
- Conduct surveys and analyses necessary for improving the Service;
- Send you information and prizes for campaigns and events;
- Processing payment and billing when a user purchases a product or uses a Service which is not free;
- Provide you with tailored functions such as recommendation based on your most visited webpages and additional content tailored to your interests via the Interest tab;
- Identify and authenticate you so you may use certain Services; and
- Respond to your inquiries and send users important notifications when necessary.
[For Creators using CANVAS and/or AD REVENUE SHARING PROGRAM]
In addition to the above provision of services, we may use the information collected
on creators using CANVAS and/or
SHARING PROGRAM for the following additional purposes:
- Verify your identity to comply with applicable federal laws;
- Provide AD REVENUE SHARING PROGRAM to users;
- Send emails relevant to your usage, as controlled by your email preference;
- Reply to your questions;
- Understand how you use the Service and create better AD REVENUE SHARING PROGRAMs;
- Conduct research and development to improve AD REVENUE SHARING PROGRAM and develop future products;
- Prevent fraud and abuse of AD REVENUE SHARING PROGRAM.
Use of Information for Further Purpose
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims
and other liabilities;
- Generate statistical data pertaining to usage of the services;
- Ensure and monitor the effectiveness and availability of the services to improve performance of the website and the application; and
3. Information Sharing
We disclose personal information about you through the Services as described in the
- Service Providers. We may disclose your information to companies that provide Services on behalf of us, such as companies that help us develop and operate systems for the Service with customer contact centers, as well as customer care activities, advertising (including customized advertising on our websites, third-party websites, or online platforms), conducting customer satisfaction surveys, billing or that send emails on our behalf. These entities are limited by contractual provisions in their ability to use your information for purposes other than providing Services for us.
- Other Parties When Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Services. There may be instances when we disclose your information to other parties:
- to comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal process (such as a search warrant or other court order);
- to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Services; and
- to protect our rights, property, or safety, or, in compliance with data protection laws, any of our respective affiliates, business partners, or customers.
- Other Parties in Connection with Transactions. We may disclose your information to a third party as part of an actual or planned merger or transfer, acquisition or sale, or in the event of a bankruptcy.
- Links to Other Websites, Devices, Apps and Features. The Service may provide the ability to connect to other websites, devices, apps and other features, which may operate independently from us and may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked website, device, app or other feature is not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for its content, use or privacy practices.
4. Retention of Personal Information
We take appropriate steps to ensure that we process and retain information about you
based on the following logic:
- at least the duration for which the information is used to provide you with a service;
- as required under law, a contract, or with regard to our statutory obligations (e.g., tax laws); or
- only for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, is processed, or longer if required under any contract, by applicable law, or, in anonymized form, for statistical purposes, subject to appropriate safeguards.
5. Your Choices
6. Your Rights
Your personal information belongs to you. You can ask us to provide details about what we’ve collected, and you can ask us to correct any inaccuracies. If permitted by law, we may charge you a small fee for providing you with this ability. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. To make a request concerning your rights or to make an inquiry, contact us. See the Contact Us section.
7. How We Protect Personal Information
We take protection of your information seriously and maintain safeguards designed to protect the information we collect in connection with the Services. However, please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system, or wireless connection is completely secure.
8. International Transfer of Information
Your use of our Service will involve the transfer, storage, and processing of your personal information within and outside of your country of residence, consistent with this policy. In particular, your personal information will be transferred to the Republic of Korea. Please note that the data protection and other laws of countries to which your information may be transferred might not be as comprehensive as those in your country.
10. Contact Us
For more information about our privacy practices, or to exercise any rights you may have pursuant to applicable law, please contact our personal information management department at Customer Care or via post to 9F Krafton Tower, 117, Bundangnaegok-ro, Bundang-gu, Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do, Republic of Korea.
11. Children’s Personal Information
The Services are designed for a general audience and are not directed to
[For U.S. Residents Only]
12. For California Consumers
Collection and Disclosure
We may have:
(1) Collected the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers such as a unique personal identifier (such as a device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers and similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym, or user alias; telephone number and other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers), online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, and other similar identifiers;
- Financial information, such as signature, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, and other relevant financial information;
- Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
- Internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or advertisements;
- Sensory information including electronic, visual, or similar information; and
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
(2) Collected personal information about you from the following categories of sources:
- From you or your devices, for example, through your use of the Services;
- Our affiliated companies which provide services on our behalf, such as customer support and payment processing; and
- Social media networks.
- Performing Services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytics services, or providing similar services;
- Auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance;
- Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction;
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration; and
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a Service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the Service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us.
(4) Shared your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Our affiliates, subsidiaries and business partners;
- Vendors who provide services on our behalf;
- Social networks;
- Professional services organizations, such as auditors and law firms; and
- Other third parties when you separately consent to or request such sharing.
(5) We may also share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- A third party as part of an actual or planned merger or transfer, acquisition or sale, or in the event of a bankruptcy;
- Government entities, including law enforcement as required by law.
(6) Sold the following categories of personal information about you:
We may have sold advertising/marketing cookies to Google, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Bing and TikTok in order to show you personalized advertisement based on your interactions with our Services when you visit such social media networks platform.
- Identifiers such as a unique personal identifier (such as a device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers and similar technology; other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers), online identifier, and internet protocol address.
- Internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or advertisements.
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.
We do not have actual knowledge that we sell the personal information of consumers under age 16.
(7) Disclosed for a business purpose the following categories of personal information about you:
- LINE Plus Corporation: user ID, IP address and email address for the management of your relationship with WEBTOON and for the management of your inquiries and requests;
- NAVER Corporation Inc.: user ID, IP address, email address for operational and analysis purposes;
- NAVER Business Platform Inc.: user ID, IP address, email address, service usage information, device and log information, transaction data for infrastructural operations and the prevention of misuse of the services;
- LINE Corporation: device identification key number and unique value given to you as subscriber of services for payment processing purposes, in particular in order to enable the validation of transactions made through Apple Store and Google Play Store platforms;
- Data Analytics Providers: Identifiers such as a unique personal identifier (such as a device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers and similar technology; other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers), online identifier, internet protocol address, internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or advertisements.
California Consumer Privacy Rights
You may have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, the following
information about the personal information we have collected about you during the
past 12 months:
- the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which we collected the personal information;
- the business or commercial purpose for which we collected or sold the personal information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal information; and
- the categories of personal information about you that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties to whom we sold or disclosed that information for a business purpose.
You also may have the right to request that we provide you with (1) a list of certain categories of personal information we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and (2) the identity of those third parties. In addition, you have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you. You also have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. We will not deny, charge different prices for, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services because you choose to exercise these rights.
To opt-out of the sale of your personal information, click here. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or complying with your request. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.